Gosu.com is currently inactive. All content on the site will remain for archiving purposes, but no new content will be added for the foreseeable future. For the weekly podcast and new material from many of our old contributors, check out TiSBcast.com.
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
The G1 panel debates the literary significance of face removal in Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo’s Batman: Death of the Family. The gang also predicts winners some of the nerdier Oscar categories.
Panelists: Christin, JONROB
Table of Contents:
Part 1: Start – 19:20
- Intros + what Batman comics have you read?
- Favorite Jokers over the years.- Initial impressions to Death of the Family
Part 2: 19:20 – 49:00
- General Death of the Family discussion.- The contrived nature of comics.
- Thoughts on this version of the Joker.
- The consequences (or lack there of) of the story.
- How we would’ve ended it.
Part 3: 49:00 – End
- Final thoughts
- Oscar predictions: Best Animated Short, Visual Effects, Adapted Screenplay, Original Screenplay, Sound Editing, and Sound Mixing
- Open Discussion
Break one audio is The Joker’s theme from Batman: The Animated Series.
Break two audio is “Why so Serious?” from The Dark Knight OST by Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard.